E-mail : [email protected]
Library: +91 4822 216 536
Phone : +91 944 620 0584
Dr. Gilu G. Ettaniyil joined St. Thomas College of Teacher Education in November 2001. She became the third librarian of the college. She started her career in librarianship in Regional Engineering College (NIT) Calicut as a Library Trainee. She is responsible for planning, administration, technical services and development of network based library and information resources & services.
Areas of Interest
- Library Automation
- Digital Library
- Information Literacy
- Knowledge Management
- M.Phil Library & Information Science Madurai Kamaraj University(2007)
- UGC NET (2006)
- M.L.I.Sc, IGNOU New Delhi (2001)
- B.L.I.Sc, Calicut University, Calicut (1998)
- B.Sc. Physics, St. George College Aruvithura (1997)
College Librarian, St. Thomas College of Teacher Education, Pala (since 2001)
Library Trainee, National Institute of Technology Calicut (1999-2000)
- Development and Planning of Library resources and Services.
- Collection building, processing, organization and dissemination.
- Establishment and Maintenance of Digital Library
- Conversion of Classification Scheme from Colon Classification to Dewey Decimal Classification
- Giving User Orientation for B.Ed. and M.Ed. Students.
- Provide Reference Assistance to Students and Faculty of the College
- Provide Reference Assistance to Researchers from other institutions.
- Provide Library Training to Graduate Trainees in Library Science.
- Determined Best Practices of Library and Adopted.
- Maintenance of Print and Non Print Collections
- Change in Library Software which is capable to manage all functions of the library.
- Organization of St. Joseph College of Engineering Library Pala.
- Organization of Mar Sleeva College of Nursing Library Pala
- Ph.D. in ” Information Literacy Skills in Relation with Select Cognitive Variables” Under the guidance of Dr. Raman Nair at M.G.University Kottayam
- M.Phil Library and Information Science, Study of Information Needs and Use Pattern of Teacher Trainees: With Special Reference to Teacher Education Colleges affiliated to M.G. University Kottayam, Under the guidance of Dr. Raman Nair from Madurai Kamaraj University , Madurai
Seminar/ Conference Presentations
- Gilu G.Ettaniyil, Shajimon P.P. and Shalby P. Jose (2014) “Philosophical Integration of Yoga in Education”, UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Yoga: A Panacea for Life Style Diseases, St. Thomas College of Teacher Education Pala
- Gilu G.Ettaniyil, Shajimon P.P. and Shalby P. Jose (2013) “Reflective Practice- A Catalyst for the Professional Development of Teachers”, UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Reflections On Reflective Practices, St. Thomas College of Teacher Education Pala
- Gilu G. Ettaniyil (2010) “Role of Information Professionals in Digital Era”, International Seminar on Peace Education : An Orientation for Gen Next, Council of Teacher Education and St. Thomas College of Teacher Education, Pala
- Gilu G. Ettaniyil and Mollykutty T.M. (2010) “Pro –peace values and Attitudes”, UGC sponsored National Level Seminar on Education and Social Sensitivity, St. Thomas College of Teacher Education, Pala
Seminar/ Conference Attended
- Participated in the UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Learning Disabilit::No Child Left Behind on 27th and 28th June 2013 organized by St. Thomas College of Teacher Education, Pala
- Participated in the UGC Sponsored Refresher Course in Library Science conducted by the UGC Academic Staff College, University of Kerala, Kariavattom from 07-05-2013 to 27-05-2013.
- Participated in State Level Seminar on Technological Innovations in Libraries on 1st May 2013 by Techlibforum at St. Thomas College of Teacher Education Pala.
- Participated in the UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Educational Renaissance for a New Generation held on 28th and 29th November 2012 organized by St. Thomas College of Teacher Education, Pala
- Participated in the User Awareness Programme of N-List organized byM.G.University Library in collaboration with INFLIBNET Centre (UGC) Ahemedabad on 20th January 2012 at School of Environmental Studies Kottayam.
- Participated in the UGC Sponsored Refresher Course in Library Science conducted by the UGC Academic Staff College, University of Kerala, Kariavattom from 16-4-2010 to 7-5-2010.
- Participated in the UGC Sponsored National Conference on ‘Role of Open Source Software in Libraries organized by University Library, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi on 24th and 25th November 2009.
- Participated in the UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Education the sine qua non for Sustainable Development on 20th and 21st August 2009 organized by St. Thomas College of Teacher Education, Pala
- Participated in the International Conference on Educational Research and Learning Beyond Cognition from 31st May to 2nd June 2007 at St. Thomas College of Teacher Education Pala in collaboration with All India Association for Educational Research (AIAER).
- Participated in the workshop on “ Library Organization & Management” organized by All Kerala Training College Teachers Association (AKTCTA) held on 04-08-2006 at Titus II Teachers College, Tiruvalla.
- Participated National Workshop on “ Developing Digital Library using DSpace organized jointly by INFLIBNET Centre, Ahemedabad and M.G.University Library Kottayam from 09-05-2005 to 13-05-2005.
- Participated the National Seminar on Information and Communication Technology, the Contemporary ‘Mantra’ for Quality Education organized by St. Thomas College of Teacher Education Pala in collaboration with M.G.University Kottayam from 1-8-2003- to 2-8-2003.
- Participated Short Term Training Programme on Digital Library held at Calicut Regional Engineering College Library from 15-05-2000 to 20-05-2000.
Academic Positions & Membership in Professional Organisations
- Life Member Kerala College Librarians Association (KCLA)
- Member of Indian Librarian Online Circle
- Associate Editor, Educational Extracts (A bi-annual peer reviewed journal published by St.Thomas College of Teacher Education, Pala.) ISSN 2320-7612
- Convenor, State Level Seminar on Technological Innovations in Libraries by Techlibforum at St. Thomas College of Teacher Education Pala.
- Associate Editor, Proceedings of the UGC Spossored National Seminar of Yoga: A Panacea for Lifestyle Diseases January 2014 ISBN 978-81-927201-3-5
- Associate Editor, Proceedings of the UGC Spossored National Seminar ofReflection on Reflective Practices November 2013 ISBN978-81-927201-2-8
- Editorial Board Member, Proceedings of the UGC Spossored National Seminar of Learning Disability: No Child Left Behind June 2013 ISBN 978-81-927201-1-1
- Associate Editor, Proceedings of the UGC Spossored National Seminar of Educational Renaissance for a New Generation November 2012 ISBN 978-93-82359-41-8
- Convener, Library Advisory Committee, St. Thomas College of Teacher Education Pala
Reseacrh Projects Minor Research Project
- Information Literacy Skills and Academic Achievement of Secondary level Teacher Trainees sanctioned by UGC, New Delhi. (ongoing). Rs. 65000/-