Enlightenment, Excellence and Service through Divine Illumination.
- To develop into a world-class centre of Teacher Education with distinct identity and character – A college of Teacher Education with a difference.
- To develop intellectually competent, morally upright, psychologically integrated and socially committed teachers for service in the emerging world scenario of education
- To generate a new work culture for improving the practice of education through teaching, research and extension.
- To achieve and sustain excellence in teacher development through experimentation and innovation.
- To foster values of new global scenario such as quality consciousness, eco-friendliness, sustainable development and love for fellow men.
- To promote faith in God and uphold Christian ideals.
- To develop unique teachers who excel in global scenario and realise the Indian concept of ‘Guru’.
- To develop quality consciousness among teachers.
- To create a strong affinity towards the national values.
- To become an international educational destination.
- To reorient teacher education to the needs of modern age.
- To promote educational research and extension.
- To equip the teachers to develop and practice innovative methods in teaching and evaluation
- To conscientise the teachers about the needs of the society and nation and to act accordingly.
- To equip the teachers with the skills and information to create an eco-friendly atmosphere in educational institutions.
- To develop human values among teachers such as – love for fellowmen, tolerence, unity ,etc.
- Integrity – Adhering to a conduct of duties in righteous manner and in accordance with the principles of honesty, trust, transparency and fairness
- Trusteeship – Operating in an efficient, ethical and true manner while ensuring group participation and a system of check and balances within an institution
- Harmony – Balancing the diversity and difference through a culture of tolerance, discussion and forgiveness among stakeholders
- Accountability – Enabling the environment of openness and trust to accommodate mistake and to encourage individual in taking the responsibility of one’ action
- Inclusiveness – Adopting standards, policies and procedures to promote and ensure equal opportunity, without any discrimination against an individual or a group, for education, employment, promotion and other activities in an institution
- Commitment – Dedicating to the vision and mission of the institution while cultivating one’s knowledge, skill and attitudes to achieve excellence in due time and regulatory boundaries
- Respectfulness – Creating an environment of mutual respect, trustworthy and quality interaction as well as fair participation by functionaries and beneficiaries of the institution
- Belongingness – Fostering a shared vision of institute to make everyone feel secure, supported, accepted and included
- Sustainability – Ensuring optimal resource utilization-economic, environmental and social-to achieve long lasting and safe future
Code of Conduct
I. Governing Body and College Trust
The function of the Governing Body and College Trust is to ensure that the organization fulfills its overall purpose, achieves its intended outcomes and operates in an efficient, effective and ethical manner.
The members would:
- Work in the best interest of the college’s motto, vision and mission.
- Lead the college to achieve the values upholded by the founders.
- Work co-operatively with fellow members in carrying out their responsibilities.
- Act honestly and in good faith at all times in achieving the college’s intended outcomes.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information.
- Ensure the holistic development of the college.
- Supervise and lead the institution, its principal and the staff with respect to the needs of the stakeholders and society.
II. Code of Conduct for Principal
Principal as the head of Institute is solely responsible for addressing and resolving all issues concerned with the stakeholders of education subject to the supervision and general control of the management.
The Principal as the principal executive and academic head of the college shall:
- Lead the institution in keeping with its motto, vision and mission of the college.
- Strive for the academic growth of the college.
- Participate in the teaching, research and training programmes of the college.
- Ensure the holistic development of the faculty members.
- Conduct free and fair admission of students and maintain the discipline of the institute.
- Maintain true and correct accounts.
- Supervise the overall administration of the college and the library and hostels, etc.
- Deal with the correspondence relating to the administration of the college.
- Supervise the administration of curricular, co-curricular/extracurricular or extra-mural, students’ welfare activities of the college.
- Adhere to the Acts, Statutes, Ordinances, Regulation, Rules and other Orders issued there under by the University authorities and bodies, from time to time.
- Supervise examinations, setting of question papers, moderation and assessment of answer papers and such other work pertaining to the examination of college.
- Supervise the university examinations.
- Observe the provisions of accounts code.
- Maintain the self- assessment reports of teachers and their service books.
III. Code of Conduct for Teachers
Teaching is a very noble profession. A teacher has a very crucial role in shaping the character, personality and career of the students.
The Teachers would:
- Act as a role model for students in keeping with the motto, vision and mission of the college.
- Display good conduct, set a standard of dress, speech and behavior worthy of example to the students.
- Act as friend, philosopher and guide of students.
- Help students in identifying their potential and support through counseling and mentoring.
- Create a conducive environment for teaching–learning process and strive for innovative practices and knowledge creation.
- Observe punctuality in teaching and other duties.
- Refrain from harassment of students in any form.
- Actively participate in institutional development.
- Refrain from any type of discrimination.
- Inculcate human values, scientific outlook and concern for the environment among students and others.
- Encourage students to actively participate in scheme/ activities of national priorities.
- Cooperate with the university authorities for betterment of the university.
- Actively work for national integration and communal harmony.
- Be sensitive to societal needs and development.
- Abide by acts, statutes, ordinances, rules, policies, procedures of the university and respect its ideals, vision, mission, cultural practices and the traditions.
IV. Code of Conduct for Administrative/ Support Staff
The Administrative / Support staff would:
- Carry out official decisions and policies faithfully and impartially, seeking to attain the highest possible standards of performances.
- Encourage the staff to maximise their efficiency.
- Create conditions that inspire teamwork.
- Act timely to readdress the genuine grievances.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the records and other sensitive matters.
- Co-operate and liaison with colleagues, as appropriate, to ensure that students receive a coherent and comprehensive educational service.
- Care for the college’s property.
- Facilitate congenial environment.
- Refrain from any form of discrimination.
- Not accept bribes or indulge in any corrupt practices.
- Make every effort to complete the assigned work in a time-bound manner.
- Act as per the directions of the Management/College Trust, Principal and the authorities.
V. Code of Conduct for Students
Students would make the best use of the golden part of their lives in the college by devoting their energy for learning and developing a wholesome personality.
- Abide by acts, statutes, ordinances, rules, policies, procedures of the college and respect its ideals, vision, mission, cultural practices and the traditions.
- Remain punctual, disciplined and regular in attending classes.
- Observe modesty in their overall appearance and behaviour.
- Maintain harmony among students belonging to different socio-economic status, community, caste, religion or region.
- Contribute towards cleanliness of the campus and surroundings.
- Respect and care for the institutional properties.
- Observe proper behavior while on outside activities (educational tour/visit or excursion).
- Be honest in providing only truthful information on all documents.
- Maintain the highest standards of academic integrity while presenting own academic work.
- Help teachers in maintaining the learning environment conducive for all students.
- Strive to keep campus ragging free.
- Students while on internship should exhibit acceptable professional conduct. They are expected to:
- Act with integrity, honesty, fairness and dignity in all their dealings with students, parents, peers, teachers, and staff in the host school.
- Ensure the safety and security of students at all times.
- Establish proper rapport with students based upon their developmental levels and needs.
- Establish and maintain appropriate professional and personal relationships with teachers, school staff, parents, etc.
- Abide by the regulations, procedures, instructional practices, and professional and personal expectancies of the host school.
- Reflect professionalism by their mannerisms, vocabulary, conversational style, appearance and thoughtful behaviour.
- Ensure confidentiality of any information regarding the site, students and their families, or staff revealed during the student teaching experience.