The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) at St. Thomas College of Teacher Education, Pala, was set on 17 / 03 / 2004 which helps to enhance the quality and standards of education offered by the institution. The IQAC is an integral part of the college’s commitment to continuous improvement, and it functions as a facilitator for the institution’s academic and administrative excellence.
Objectives: The primary objectives of the IQAC at St. Thomas College of Teacher Education, Pala, are as follows:
- To develop and promote a quality culture amongst all stakeholders of the institution.
- To ensure the maintenance of academic standards in teaching, research, and extension activities.
- To facilitate the implementation of best practices in various aspects of the institution’s functioning.
- To foster a learner-centric environment that encourages holistic development and overall well-being.
- To encourage faculty and staff development and motivate them for continuous improvement.
- To establish a feedback mechanism to monitor and evaluate various processes and take necessary actions for improvement.
Strategies: To achieve its objectives, the IQAC follows the following strategies:
- Formulating and implementing quality benchmarks for various academic and administrative activities.
- Conduct regular meetings and workshops to sensitise faculty, staff, and students about quality enhancement measures.
- Organising training programs for faculty to enhance their teaching and research capabilities.
- Monitoring and evaluating academic and administrative processes through periodic internal audits.
- Collecting feedback from various stakeholders, including students, parents, alumni, and employers, to assess the college’s performance.
- Encouraging research and publication activities among faculty members and students. g. Collaborating with other institutions and agencies to share best practices and promote mutual learning.
Functions: The IQAC at St. Thomas College of Teacher Education, Pala, undertakes the following key functions:
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive quality assurance framework for the institution.
- Organising workshops, seminars, and conferences to promote quality culture and knowledge dissemination.
- Facilitating the preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to the concerned authorities.
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of the institution’s academic and administrative processes.
- Ensuring compliance with accreditation and regulatory requirements.
- Providing guidance and support to various departments in their efforts to improve quality.
- Analysing feedback and data to identify areas for improvement and taking necessary actions.
Benefits: The functioning of the IQAC at St. Thomas College of Teacher Education, Pala, yields several benefits:
- Enhanced Quality: Regular assessment and monitoring lead to improved academic and administrative quality across the institution.
- Better Accreditation: A well-functioning IQAC enhances the chances of successful accreditation by external bodies.
- Increased Stakeholder Satisfaction: Focused efforts on quality improvement result in higher satisfaction levels among students, parents, and employers.
- Holistic Development: A learner-centric approach and faculty development initiatives contribute to the overall growth and development of students and staff.
- Innovation and Best Practices: IQAC encourages the adoption of innovative teaching methods and the implementation of best practices in various domains.
- Continuous Improvement: The IQAC focuses on data-driven decision-making and ensures continuous improvement in all aspects of the institution.
- Transparency and Accountability: IQAC promotes transparency in all processes and enhances accountability among stakeholders.
In conclusion, the IQAC at St. Thomas College of Teacher Education, Pala, plays a vital role in fostering a culture of quality, continuous improvement, and accountability. Through its strategic initiatives and functions, the IQAC contributes to the institution’s overall growth and excellence in education and research.