M.Sc.(Chem), M.Ed., NET , Ph.D
E-mail : [email protected]
Phone : 8606683227
She has been working as Assistant Professor at St. Thomas College of Teacher Education, Pala, since March 2006. Besides this she has three and half years of experience as Higher Secondary School Teacher in Chemistry and two years of experience at High school level. She took her post-graduation degree in Chemistry from Sacred Heart College, Thevara, affiliated to Mahathma Gandhi University, Kottayam. She took her M.Ed from St. Ann’s College of Education affiliated to Mangalore University, Dakshina Kannada. She completed her Ph.D from Bharathiar University Coimbatore, Tamilnadu.
- Ph.D in Education from Bharathiar University Coimbatore , 2016
- Qualified NET conducted by UGC , 1999, subject – Education
- M.Ed. Mangalore University 1999,FirstRank
- B.Ed. Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam 1991 Physical Science First class
- M.Sc. Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam 1990 ChemistryFirst class
- B.Sc. Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam 1988 Chemistry, Maths, Physics First class
Faculty Development Programme
- Short-term course in Student Counselling and Mentoring conducted by the UGC-Human Resource Development Centre, University of Kerala.
- Swayam Online Course certificate – 4 credit course on Design and Facilitation of E- Learning Courses
UGC Minor Research Projects
- Completed UGC sponsored minor research project titled ‘Effect of Cognitive Acceleration Approach on Thinking Skills and Achievment in Chemistry among Students of Standard VII’(RS.67500/-)
- Co investigator ,UGC sponsored minor project titled” Effectiveness of Constructivist approach in developing Science process skills”(completed)
- “Environmental Education”, 2015, Discovery Publishers, New Delhi, with Dr. G. Lokanadha Reddy, Dr.T.C.Thankachan , Bindu David & M Shylaja , ISBN: 978-93-5056-761-6.
- Educational Evaluation and Research,(with Beenamma Mathew & T.C.Thankachan), Prakash publications, Changanassery: 2009.
- Educational informational and communication Technology, (with T.C.Thankachan), Prakash publications, Changanassery: 2009.
Chapters in Edited Books
- Thomas, M. (2018). Tools and Applications of Virtual Reality in education. In Valli, G. Contemporary Education and Technology Global Scenario.(pp 151-163), ISBN:978-81-921835-1-0,MotherTeresaWomen’s University,Kodaikanal, Tamilnadu.
- Thomas, M. (2017). Narrative Therapy;Context and Prospects. In Sudheer, S.V. Counselling and Mentoring(pp 135-144), ISBN:978-81-908006-6-2, UGC-HRDC, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Thomas, M. (2017). Transforming India Through Environmental Education. In Sudheer, S.V Millennium Development Goals Insights and Praxis(pp 160-177 ), ISBN:978-81-908006-8-6, UGC-HRDC,University of kerala, Thiruvananthapuram
- Thomas, M. (2017). Higher Order Thinking Skills and Attitude towards Science Learning.In Sudheer, S.V. Spectrum of Educational Initiatives (pp 141-148), ISBN:978-81-908006-5-5, UGC-HRDC,University of kerala, Thiruvananthapuram
- Thomas Mary and Beenamma Mathew (2020) Metacognitive awareness among secondary level prospective Teachers, ‘Journal of Contemparary Educational Research and Innovations’ Vol.10, No.1, pp.11-15., February, 2020.ISSN 2249-9636. Available online at http://www.jceri.com
- Sebastian S.A.M and Thomas Mary (2019) ‘Involvement in Science Club activities among secondary school students,’Educational Extracts, 7(2), ISSN 2320-7612.
- Jose Jany and Thomas Mary (2019) ‘Science Process Skills among secondary School Students,’Educational Extracts, 7(1), ISSN 2320-7612
- Tinto Johns and Thomas Mary (2017) ‘Effect of Computer Supported Cooperative Learning on Achievement in Chemistry,’Educational Extracts, 5(1), ISSN 2320-7612.
- Thomas Mary and Joseph Celene (2016), “Effectiveness of Cognitive Acceleration Approach on Thinking Skills in Chemistry among Secondary School Students’, Titus Tracks, ISSN: 2348-4527
- Thomas Mary and Joseph Celene(2013), ‘Effectiveness of Cognitive Acceleration Approach on Achievement in Chemistry among Secondary School Students’Educational Extracts,1(2),ISSN 2320-7612.
- Thomas Mary and Joseph Celene (2012),”Thinking Skills and Attitude towards Science Learning” Edu world , 1(1), 102-111, ISSN: 2319-7129, APH Publishing Corporation.