M.A.(Eng.), M.A.(Lit.), M.A.(Socio.) M.Ed., NET, M.Phil., P.G. Diploma in Yoga, Ph.D.
E-mail: : [email protected]
Mobile: : +91 924 911 7564
Dr. Pratheesh Abraham joined the college on 6th July 2011 as Assistant Professor in English Education. Dr. Pratheesh has more than 15 years of teaching experience in various institutions. His areas of teaching are:
- Methodology of English Education
- Pedagogical Analysis in English
- Educational Psychology
- Guidance and Counselling
- Ph.D. in Education from Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam.
- M. Phil in Education from Bharathiar University, Coimbatore.
- M.A. English & M.A. Sociology from Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai.
- M.Ed. & P.G. Diploma in Yoga from Annamalai University, Chidambaram.
- B.A. & M.A. Language & Literature from Devamatha College, Kuravilangad.
- B.Ed. from St. Thomas college of Teacher Education, Pala
- Participation and presentation in national and international seminars / webinars workshops / conference – 26
- Participation in state and regional workshops – 12
- Articles published – 11
- Conferences / seminars convened / coordinated – 6
- Reports and documents published – 7
UGC Funded Minor Projects
“Effect of Reflective Language Acquisition Model on speaking skills”. The minor research project sanctioned by UGC, New Delhi, March, 2014. – Rs. 1, 45,000 (project completed)
Awards and Achievements
- Duke of Edinburgh International Award Winner for Social Commitment – 1998
- N.C.C ‘C’ Certificate passed with ‘B’ grade, 1998
- Basic Leadership Camp (B.L.C)–Participant, All India Advance Shooting Competition, held at New Delhi, 1996
- Chief Minister’s Scholarship Winner as Battalion Best Cadet, 1997
- National Service Scheme (N.S.S.) Volunteer 1997 – 2000
- College Union Chairman, Devamatha College, Kuravilangad, 2001-2002
- Sports Champion, 2003, St Thomas College of Teacher Education, Pala, Kerala
- Participated in two dozen national land state level N.C.C, N.S.S camps 1995-2002
Academic Positions, Activities and Membership in Professional Organisations
- Member, All Kerala Training College Teachers Association (AKTCTA), Kottayam.
- Resource Person for IGNOU & UGC coaching classes.
- Consultant for Indian students who wish to study abroad, DEAKIN University, Australia
- Secretary, ASWAS Development Society, Alappuzha, an NGO formed for the upliftment of the poor and the downtrodden.
Services and Other Activities
- Secretary – Alumni Association, St Thomas College of Teacher Education, 2012-2015
- College Web Content developer for St Thomas College of Teacher Education since 2012
- College Nodal Officer – All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) of Ministry of Human resources), since 2011
- IQAC Coordinator 2014 – 2018
- Co-coordinator L-Lit Quiz an Inter Collegiate Quiz competition conducted at St. Thomas College of Teacher Education (STCTE), Pala 2012-13, 2013-14
- Convener – Academic Calendar 2012-2013 (STCTE Pala)