E-mail: : [email protected]
Mobile: : +91 9496721676
Mrs. Bindu David joined the college on 29th February 2016 as Assistant Professor in Natural Science Education. Her areas of teaching are:
- Methodology of Natural Science Education
- Special Education
- Psychological Bases of Education
She is a member of Board of Studies in Education. She worked as Assistant Professor at St. Thomas College of Teacher Education in the M.Ed Department for a period of ten years.
- M.Sc Zoology, Alphonsa College, Pala
- M.Ed , St. Ann’s College, Mangalore
- M.Phil. from Alagappa University
- M.Sc Psychology, Annamalai University
- PhD Education from Alagappa University
PhD in Psycho Social Variables of Elementary School Children with Learning Difficulties in Relation to their Academic Achievement under the guidance of Dr. G. Lokanadha Reddy , Vice Chancellor, Dravidian University , Kuppam.
‘Text Book on Environmental Education’(with Dr. G. Lokanadha Reddy, Sr Mary Thomas, and Dr. T. C Thankachan)
- International Conference on “Educational Research and Learning beyond Cognition’ held at St. Thomas College of Teacher Education, Pala, on 31st May to 2nd June 2007.
- International Seminar on ‘Peace Education: An Orientation for GEN next’ organized by CTE Kerala state centre and St. Thomas College of Teacher Education, Pala on 13th& 14th August, 2010.
Coordinated National Seminar on Behaviour Modification: A Psychodynamic Approach to Maladjustment in Adolescents Sponsored by University Grants Commission, New Delhi held at St. Thomas College of Teacher Education Pala on 19 and 20th January 2017
One Week National Online Workshop on “Creative Adaptation – Reaching out through Digital Classrooms” –organized by the St. Thomas College of Teacher Education, Pala in collaboration with the UGC-HRDC Thiruvananthapuram, from 19 May to 25 May, 2020
Chairperson of Paper Presentation Session
- UGC sponsored National Seminar on ‘Learning Disability: No Child Left Behind’ held at St. Thomas College of Teacher Education, Pala, on 27th and 28h June, 2013.
- Seminar on ‘Reflections on Reflective Practices held on 21 and 22 November 2013 at St. Thomas College of Teacher Education Pala.
- UGC sponsored National Seminar on ‘Yoga: A Panacea for Life Style Diseases’ held at St. Thomas College of Teacher Education, Pala, on 23rd & 24th January, 2014.
- UGC sponsored national seminar on ‘Vision 2030 contributions of Educational Researches on National Development’, conducted by St.Thomas College of Teacher Education, Pala on 6th & 7th August 2015.
- UGC HRDC and SIRA sponsored National Seminar on ‘ Teaching Learning Platforms for Digital Natives’ ,conducted by St. Thomas College of Teacher Education,Pala on 27th and 28th September 2018.
Published Journal Articles
- David, Bindu., (2011) Life Skills and Attitude towards Vocation among the Vocational Higher Secondary and Higher Secondary School Students EDUTRACKS 0972-9844.
- David, Bindu., Sumod S. (2011) Reading Comprehension in English in Relation to Achievement Motivation. EDUTRACKS 0972-9844.
- David, Bindu., Lokanath Reddy (2010) Adjustment of Learning Disabled Children in Relation to their Academic Achievement STARS 0973-7812.
- Lokanath Reddy., David, Bindu., Susmitha G. (2013) Psycho-Social Variables of Elementary School Children with Spelling Difficulties in Relation to their Academic Achievement BRICS Journal of Educational Research, A Peer- Reviewed (Refereed/ Juried) International Journal 2231-5829)
- David Bindu ., Sunitha K.S (2016) Effectiveness Of Language Games On Spelling Attainment, Educational Extract ISSN 2320-7612
- David Bindu., Soumia Stephen(2014) Legal Awareness as a necessitous factor for social adjustment, Avila Journal of Educational Research
- David Bindu , Smitha Francis (2017) Parental Motivation: an Impetus for the development of Numerical ability among Young Minds Educational Extract ISSN 2320-7612
- David Bindu (2018) Role of Self Regulation in Developing Thinking Skills Among Adolescents Educational Extracts ISSN2320-7612
- David Bindu (2017) Science Process Skills and Scientific Interest among Secondary School students, Spectrum of Educational Initiatives (Edited Book), UGC-HRDC, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram.ISBN 978-81-908006-5-5
- David Bindu (2017) Making new India through Universal Primary Education, Millenium Development Goals ;Insights and Praxis ,(Edited Book). UGC-HRDC, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram.ISBN 978-81-908006-8-6
- David Bindu (2017) Exploring New frontiers to foster Resilience in adolescents( Edited Book). UGC-HRDC, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram.ISBN 978-81-908006-6-2 November 2017
- David Bindu (2017) Making New India Through Universal Primary Education, Millennium Development Goals Insights and Praxis(pp 160-177 ), Sudheer, S.V (editor). UGC-HRDC,University of kerala, Thiruvananthapuram –July 2017 ISBN978-81-908006-8-6
- David Bindu (2017) Exploring New Frontiers To Foster Resilience In Adolescents , Counselling and Mentoring(pp 135-144), Sudheer, S.V.(editor) UGC-HRDC, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram.- November 2017 ISBN 978-81-908006-6-2